Before beginning your research, make sure that you READ AND REREAD your assignment.
- When is the due date?
- What is the scope of the research?
- What should and should not be included?
- How long should the paper/project be?
- What formatting style (MLA, APA, etc.) is required?
- How many sources/citations do you need?
- Should the sources all be peer-reviewed/scholarly?
- Do you need to include other types of sources (books, newspaper articles, etc.)?
- How current should your sources be?
- What additional parameters are given?
When in doubt, ask your professor.