Before starting your research, be sure you understand the details of your assignment. This includes:
- When is the assignment due?
- How long should your final paper/project be?
- What formatting style (MLA, APA, etc.) should you use?
- How many sources/citations are required?
- Should your sources be "scholarly" or "peer-reviewed"?
- Do you need to include specific types of resources (newspapers, books, etc.)
- How important is the currency of the resources you cite?
- What other restrictions are there?
Check your syllabus for additional details. When in doubt, ask your professor.